Getting Started!

This blog is an avenue for me to document and share some of the management and leadership ideas, good and bad, that I've had over the last several years.  Almost all of these ideas at least in part come from some combination of learning acquired via book, classroom, podcast, and experience.  I am not claiming to be an expert on anything, I am just sharing what has worked for me, and sometimes what hasn't.  I welcome constructive feedback.  Comments are moderated only to prevent spam. 

A bit of my background: I have worked as an IT manager for about 7 years; prior to that I was a software developer, all of this at the same company.  Prior to that I worked in a series of management jobs for about ten years out of college that were getting me nowhere.  In 2004, after losing a job, I went back to (gasp) college, got an IT degree and reinvented myself as an IT professional.  Since that time I've learned an enormous amount and I hope that some of what I share can help someone else as well. 

If you've read this far, thank you, and I hope there's something of value for you here.

Comments